Service Description* provides front-line service delivery to information / advice that support farmers, rural business and rural communities.
* acts as the department's primary service and knowledge delivery agents with a focus in the areas of agriculture curriculum/awareness, consumer awareness, urban horticulture and urban agri-business development in the City of Winnipeg.
* facilitates and fosters a synergy of business, awareness and perspectives between the consumer and the agricultural industry.
* works with partners to include agriculture related topics in Manitoba's school curricula.
* provides the lead for Provincial Agriculture Awareness Initiatives.
* provides leadership and partner with industry to increase consumer awareness of the essential contribution of each level of our agri-food industry and to promote consumer support for locally grown and produced foods and products.
* cooperatively develops initiatives and resources that create a positive image, improves awareness for Manitoba products, facilitates sourcing home grown and builds commitment to Manitoba product.
* creates awareness, develops and attracts agricultural value-added and expanded value-chain enterprises in the City of Winnipeg.
* provides the 'link' that will assist urban and rural agricultural businesses access Winnipeg markets.
* works with partners to enhance urban consumer awareness of horticulture.