Service Description* administers The Cooperatives Act, The Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires Act, The Insurance Act, The Insurance Corporations Tax Act, The Marine Insurance Act and Part XXIV of The Corporations Act (Trust and Loan Corporations)
* regulates financial institutions, cooperatives in Manitoba which include credit unions, caisses populaires, insurance companies, trust and loan companies
* maintains a legal registry for credit unions, caisses populaires, insurance companies, which is open to the public.
* mediates disputes between consumers, insurance companies and that members have with their credit union, caisse populaire or cooperative
* authorizes trust and loan companies to operate in Manitoba
* answers general inquiries regarding insurance (except Autopac)