Service Description* coordinates prenatal classes, postnatal programs offering support, consultation, child development information, assessment and referrals
* offers home care, nursing, counselling, medical supplies to assist people in their home environment.
* works to prevent / control communicable diseases through immunization, education.
* promotes healthy attitudes and lifestyles through education programs on nutrition, fitness, smoking reduction, breast self-examination, diabetes education, weight control, financial management.
* deals with control of sexually transmitted infections (STI) through investigation, treatment, notification of partners.
* does hearing assessments, rehabilitation for hearing loss.
* conducts assessments for placement in personal care homes.
Community Based Services
community nurse resource centre; community development; community dietitian; community foot care; community health; nurse practitioner; support programs; health promotions and education services; health resource centre; baby first; speech language; travel health; diabetes education resource; arthritis self management; midwifery; long term care adult day program; long term care resident care; addiction out patient program; addiction patient program.
aboriginal services; emergency medical services; ambulatory care/outpatient department; chemotherapy; dialysis; emergency; laboratory; medical services/physicians; northern patient transport program; obstetrics; operating room/recovery room;
also supports palliative care; pediatrics; physiotherapy; psychiatric unit; respiratory therapy; special care unit; social services; surgery; tele-health; ultrasound; x-ray