Service Description* is a provincial initiative that coordinates programs and services in support of community efforts to revitalize neighbourhoods with high needs
* is a long-term, community-based, social and economic development strategy that recognizes that building healthy neighbourhoods requires more than an investment in bricks and mortar
* supports and encourages community-driven revitalization efforts in key areas including: housing and physical improvements; business retention strategies, training and employment; recreation activities for high-risk groups; safety and crime prevention; and better health practices
* provides funding to community organizations to plan and deliver housing rehabilitation projects
* provides funding to neighbourhoods most in need for local planning enhancement projects, economic development and community support programs.
* offers after school recreation and other programs to complement school activities to meet the needs of all age groups.
* has a variety of training, education and employment opportunities in areas of labour market demand
* supports neighbourhoods to address community safety and prevent crime.
* supports new programs focussed on neighbourhood based economic development
* offers Lighthouses Program - a fund designed to help support recreational, educational and pro-social programs for young Manitobans. It makes use of schools, recreation centres and other existing community facilites after hours for sports, arts, music and other activities identified and organized by local youth. Contact: Laurie Monk at 204-945-0973.