Service Description* provides general health insurance programs for all eligible Manitoba residents without premiums.
Covers most medical services and hospital ward services.
- financial assistance for seniors to purchase eyeglasses
- specified prescription drugs for eligible persons based on family income.
Coverages and financial assistance include:
- Hospital stays at the standard ward level
- appointments at a doctor's office, house calls and doctors' services in hospital
- certain prosthetic and orthotic devices such as orthopedic shoes for children under 18 years on a cost shared basis
- certain chiropractic and optometry services
- Certain dental procedures when performed by dental surgeons or periodontists in hospital
- hearing aids for children under 18 years of age on a cost-shared basis
- Cleft lip and cleft palate treatment and rehabilitation for children under 18 yrs. Includes routine dental maintenance, prosthetics including crown and bridge and services provided by orthodontists
- breast prosthesis & surgical brassieres
- Telecommunication devices (TDD) for the profoundly deaf on a cost-shared basis
- artificial eyes
- infant contact lenses
- prosthetic limbs and orthotic devices
- care in personal care homes.
Personal Care Home eligibility: If you have always lived in Manitoba you are eligible. If you are a newcomer, you must have lived here for 24 consecutive months. If you formerly lived here for over 30 years you are eligible on the day you return to Manitoba after an absence of less than 10 years. If you lived in another province/territory in Canada for 5 consecutive years the waiting period does not apply.
Phone for information regarding coverage for services received outside Manitoba.