Service Descriptionis responsible by law to provide fire suppression services
- fire prevention programs
- training and education related to prevention
- detection or extinguishing of fires. It is responsible for handling hazardous materials incidents
- for the mitigation of calamitous incidents
- evacuation of people when in charge at an incident
* provides specialized rescue services such as water and trench rescues, professional extrication services for vehicle and industrial accidents, and high angle rescues
* enforces the Manitoba Fire Code within City limits, this includes making inspections, regulating and enforcing standards, issuing licenses, and issuing penalties.