Service Description* is the office of public records and information which administers acts related to the business sector and to non-profit organizations
* is primarily a registry of information for corporations and unincorporated businesses; all of its records are open to the public for reference and research
* administers the Business Names Registration Act, the Corporations Act plus other incorporating acts
* registers names of businesses and their proprietors
* incorporates new Manitoba businesses and not-for-profit organizations; registers names of corporations operating in Manitoba
* provides a registry for Non profit organizations that choose to incorporate or register its name with the Companies Office
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Companies Office has closed its doors to the public effective March 19, 2020 and some staff are working from home. The office continues to provide service through the website, phone, e-mail, mail and fax.