Agency Description* is an agency of Manitoba. Families
* supports the Minister responsible for Accessibility in fulfilling her responsibilities under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act which include:
- Developing and implementing accessibility standards under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act.
- Creating tools and training to assist public and private sector organizations to comply with the requirements of the Act and accompanying standards in Customer Service, Employment and Information and Communications (two remaining standards in the Design of Public Spaces and Transportation are under development).
- Raising public awareness of the legislation through marketing, regular contact with stakeholders via email and the publication of a quarterly newsletter and organizing public awareness events.
- Serving as Secretariat to the Accessibility Advisory Council, which is responsible for standard development under the Act.