Service Descriptionis a community based, not for profit organization dedicated to the recognition of the skills, training, education and knowledge of immigrant professionals and skilled workers, leading to workplace participation related to their credentials.
* assesses skills, training, education, and occupations of immigrant professionals and skilled workers. offers
* employment counselling
* assistance with resumes
* cover letters
* job search
* interview skills
* self-marketing techniques
* labour market awareness
* employment placement/cross cultural training and employer assistance and search and internship/work experience placement.
* acts as a liaison between employers and immigrants to secure appropriate work experience and employment placements.
* develops labour market relationships to facilitate matching of employer's requirements with immigrant professionals' and skilled workers' credentials.
* establishes government, business and community partnerships for mutual benefits.
* available courses in accounting, and AutoCad.
* has a mentorship program available for SSC clients.