* is responsible for the administration of 'The Protection for Persons in Care Act'.
* responds to allegations of abuse and neglect in designated health facilities through effective inquiry and investigation processes;
* assists internal and external stakeholders in the prevention of the abuse of patients in health care facilities through the provision of educational sessions and the distribution of resource materials;
* receives reports of alleged abuse and neglect on a dedicated reporting line;
* conducts inquiries by reviewing and analyzing all alleged abuse/neglect reports for validity and nature of complaint;
* conducts investigations on incidents of alleged abuse/neglect that appear to meet the threshold of abuse;
* issues directives to health care facilities to improve policies and/or processes that address the identification, reporting, prevention and management of patient abuse;
* provides education for the public, health care staff and organizations bout the PPCO and on the identification, reporting prevention and management of abuse;
* develops and distributes public information related to The Protection for Persons in Care Act.