* brings together parents, early childhood educators, educators, health care professionals, community organizations within a geographic boundary to plan and work collaboratively to support the healthy development of children aged 0-6 years.
* supports existing community programs for families with young children.
* develops new initiatives that reflect each community's diversity and strengths.
* Priority areas for activities are positive parenting: nutrition, physical health, literacy and learning, community capacity.
* Funds 26 parent child coalitions province-wide: 25 regional coalitions (12 regions outside Winnipeg, 13 community areas within Winnipeg) plus 1 cultural organization that serves the needs of Francophone communities.