Service Description* is a program of Manitoba. Families
* is a provincial program of last resort for people who need help to meet basic personal and family income needs
* provides assistance to people in receipt of EIA to find employment and regain their independence from EIA.
* services include developing, coordinating and providing support for initiatives that increase job skills, linking EIA participants to training and employment opportunities.
* determines eligibility for income assistance by a test of need - total financial resources of the household are compared to the total cost of basic necessities
* also operates a newcomer unit, offering EIA related assistance to newcomers
for an office in Winnipeg near you, call the main number listed in this record.