Service Descriptionis a voluntary, discretionary program - services are provided to eligible families who wish to access the program but eligibility does not necessarily mean services will be provided. Delivery of services / supports are subject to assessed needs, eligibility criteria, the availability of financial and human resources.
* provides services, supports to families caring for children who have developmental and/or life long functional limitations in mobility.
* provides case management support, individualized services that address the unique needs, circumstances of eligible children and their families. Services/supports are intended to strengthen families, reduce stress so parents are able to care for their children with special needs at home. Following a determination that a child meets the eligibility criteria, a needs assessment will be completed, then an Individual Family Support plan will be developed. Depending on the needs assessment the following services may be part of the Individual Family Support plan* respite (including nursing respite)
* early Childhood Development program ( designed to maximize the child's developmental potential in areas of self-help, motor skills, socialization, communication, cognition
* Summer Skills Maintenance program (assists youth 13 years and older with disabilities to maintain the skills they developed during the school year)
* After School Care for Adolescents
* transportation to / from disability related medical appointments
* assistive technology devices that increase, maintain or improve the functional capabilities of the child (i.e. mobility, communication, daily living devices)
* home modifications that address disability related accessibility issues
* therapy (occupational, physical, speech language) up to school entry
* Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) treatment for preschool / school aged children with autism
* Autism Outreach Program for pre-school children with autism (provides behavioural / developmental approaches to optimizing the child's development in a more naturalistic)