* helps victims & witnesses of abuse under 18 years of age, adult survivors of sexual abuse, and other vulnerable victims on a case by case basis, who are involved in the criminal court process.
* helps victims & witnesses by:
* explaining the criminal court process
* preparing them for court; identifying special needs & the potential for testimonial aids
* attending court; scheduling meetings with Crown Attorneys to disclose special issues
* arranging short-term counselling
* providing emotional support; providing referrals to community resources
* providing information & guidance on preparing victim impact statements.