* facilitates Apprenticeship training that leads to certification as a journeyperson in over 50 designated trades. Most trade programs take 2-4 years to complete and combine approximately 80% paid-on-the job training with 20% technical/in-school learning.
* Promotes trades training, certification to industry standards
* co-ordinates information, planning for the designation of new trades
* develops competency standards and curricula in co-operation with Manitoba industry, provincial/territorial apprenticeship systems
* processes requests for accreditation of training programs to designated trade standards
* assists under-represented groups to access apprenticeship training
* counsels on trades careers, certification matters
* performs support services to facilitate apprenticeship training / certification.
* operates Senior Years Apprenticeship Option (SYAO): Available to grade 11 or 12 students, who would like to begin apprenticeship training in high school.Trade certification challenge for trades practitioners with extensive experience; brochures available on request